In the wake of sexual harassment claims it’s beginning to be noticed that the Lib Dems aren’t putting up many women in the media.
It seems odd that women wouldn’t want to go in and explain the issues, and show the Lib Dems are responding to concerns of women:
- Jenny Willott – Maternity leave.
- Jo Swinson – May have questions to answer on case.
- Lynne Featherstone – Possibly should be going in to explain issues.
- Sarah Teather – Can’t preach on equality after voting against equal marraige.
- Tessa Munt – Not senior enough, and not around at the time.
- Annette Brooke – Really not a big hitter for this occasion.
Rather demonstrates the practical problems of a lack of lack of diversity, doesn’t it?
Update: It’s rightly been pointed out I forgot Lorely Burt. She is Chair of the Parliamentary party, so again like Featherstone could possibly face the media, but has never really got involved in ‘women’s’ issues, focussing more on small business.